A family holiday for a week or fortnight - What can you do?
- Relax and enjoy this lovely rural part of Suffolk: in summer the weather is generally fine, dry and sunny (although no promises).
- Get close to nature - enjoy the coast, the Broads, the National Trust heathlands, There's good walking and easy cycling. Bring your binoculars and discover the Minsmere RSPB site.
- Laze away the days round the pool (27C is a lovely temperature : June-Sept)
- Drink Adnams beer in local pubs you can't get much closer to a fine old brewery. The beer is simply magnificent
- Go on a brewery or distillery tour at Adnams
- Take in the old-fashioned experience of Southwold, you'll find nothing like it anywhere else
- Treat yourself to afternoon tea at Old Hall Farm as a reward for a fine walk round the marshes and let the children enjoy the maize maze (www.oldhallsouthwold.co.uk)
- Drink lots of champagne and fine wine (Adnams is also an award winning wine merchant)
- Eat well and healthily, no golden arches here, but lots of good pubs and restaurants, from the family oriented Bell in Walberswick, to fine eating at The Crown and The Swan in Southwold
- Let the children have animal fun - lions and giraffes at Africa Alive or pony riding along the beach at Pakefield (www.pakefieldridingschool.co.uk)
cravens manor - character, comfort, seclusion