What guests have said - check out their comments in our visitors' book. They really did say that.
- We feel relaxed, rejuvenated and recharged
- Fantastic house and grounds, loads of character - we loved it. Great places to visit all within easy reach. A really memorable holiday, fantastic house, fantastic company, fantastic memories to cherish forever
- Perfect weather and a perfect time
- Great house. Great friends. Great food. Lots of beer. Fantastic
- A great week in a truly great house. We will really miss the space and the log fire. The Bramley apples were good too!
- Fantastic place to get lost (or hide) - favourite cottage garden and trees - had to tear ourselves away from the house to go any further afield. Most fantastic house I've ever stayed in - loved the beams, sloping floors, grounds and of course pool and tennis.
- We loved the place and the space! We had a rabbit visitor in the house one day, but cornered him and set him free again
- Had a fantastic weekend full of good food and wonderful cosy ambience - and it snowed
- A lovely holiday. We particularly liked the tennis court, swimming pool, fledgling house martins, big tables to eat together
- Together! Peaceful! Relaxing! Tranquil! Back for third time next year
- Idyllic setting with great facilities – hardly left grounds
When's the best time to come?
- Couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate my 40th with my twin sister
- Marvellous venue for celebrating our ruby wedding anniversary, 65th, 33rd and 3rd birthdays
- Wonderful place for grandmother's 80th
- What a super surprise for our 30th birthday
- Pure joy for a bank holiday weekend celebrating granddad's 70th. Great for little people running around and for all the adults to party or relax. So beautiful
And some advice on how to enjoy yourself
- Perfect setting for our murder mystery
- We weren't drunk. The floors really do slope
- Great house. Wicked pool. Fab time
- Don't try sardines on a full stomach
- What's the ghost's name?
- Excellent hide and seek and sardines venue
- Lovely house. Great time. Great karaoke
- We ate hearty breakfasts, had afternoon tea, drank fine wine with fish and chips by the sea
- We had great fun, we did a play in the attic
- Great sightings of barn owls and deer
For those with a poetic soul
- The fire roared in the autumn evenings and the sun made the days warm and tranquil. Sad to leave but will certainly be back
- Waking this morning from my beautiful dreams, I vividly remember a house all covered in beams. The echo of laughter rang out forever and the kids all wore a constant smile
- Loved the peace, the poplars and the pool. It was so inviting, we even got 86 years old mother in. Saw the canopy of the stars as God intended for the first time in years.
- So peaceful, time did not exist
And finally, two special tributes
- Eight fat ladies came to stay
All needing some time away
Our edges had started to fray
So we came and we slept and we drank
Including a big lamb shank
Our tummies more bulged
For which we give thanks
- I loved the wonky house. Can I come again (aged 13)
cravens manor - character, comfort, seclusion